Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Some interesting Ohio State stats and random thoughts.

+3 HS
Brutus_Bully's picture
November 8, 2016 at 2:39pm
27 Comments

OSU still leads the B1G in total offense at 503.7 ypg. If you think the offensive numbers are rush heavy they aren't, they have 301 more rushing yards through 8 games

OSU leads the B1G with 22 passing touchdowns. For perspective, Purdue is second with 20, ScUM third with 17.

OSU is second in pass efficiency and sixth in total passing.

OSU leads the conference in first downs, TOP and third down conversion rate.

Defensively, we are at or near the top in all defensive categories except sacks. While it seems like we get good pressure on opposing qb's we don't get to them very often. OSU is a paltry 11th in the conference in sacks with 17. ScUM leads with 30. For the full list of stats if you don't have the link it's 

http://www.bigten.org/library/stats/fb-confldrs.html

**It's only been 2 years since TCU coach Gary Patterson when asked about his offense and their progression after beating Minnesota 30-7, quipped "I have no idea. We played Samford and then played a Big Ten team." Who would say that now!!??

** Speaking of ScUM, they have looked downright glamorous feasting on the likes of Rutgers, MSU, Illinois, and Maryland. ScUM has had road games at MSU and Rutgers so far this year. Those two teams will play this weekend for the honor of  the B1G bottom of the bucket award.

**Speaking of awards, officials of the B1G conference flummoxed by how Kirk Ferentz can win the COY award, have decided if Iowa can beat ScUM this week he will be in even if they don't win their last two games.

**East Lansing is still circled on MY calendar. I still have nightmares of their kicker doing his best 1 armed Drew Tate impersonation on our field. I hope we massacre them.

GO BUCKS !!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments