Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU Will be #4 in CFP Rankings

+8 HS
Earthoid.'s picture
November 6, 2016 at 12:36am
157 Comments

The committee has already shown that they don't think much of Washington's schedule.  They put a one loss A&M team in front of them last week.  Now think about that.  If a one loss A&M team deserved a spot in front of Washington, then how would a one loss Buckeyes team with wins over #14 Oklahoma, #8 Wisconsin and #10 Nebraska, two of which teams have retained their rankings and will either hold their spot or move up this week, not get that 4 spot?  Nebraska will likely still be a top 20 team.  So 3 top 20 wins, 2 top 15 wins and a top 10 win, vs an undefeated team whose only has one win over a team ranked in the top 25, and a close one at that.

If A&M had won this week, you'd have to believe they would still be in the top 4.  So with what the committee has already shown, it would defy all logic if we were not ranked #4 ahead of Washington in this week's CFP rankings.  

Personally, I would prefer them NOT to put us in the top 4, but I don't see any way it doesn't happen, unless the committee determines that the Huskie's win over Cal would have been reason enough to overtake A&M had they won as well... and not only won, but beat their opponent by sixty points.

Thoughts?

Update: here's a espn podcast about this topic:  Surprising, Heather Dinich, who I may hate even more than mark may, is not being a total troll toad.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 157 Comments