While we are all disappointed in the recent performances of the 2016 Buckeyes there are some things we should keep in perspective.
1. Youngest team in College Football
2. We're 7-1 and still fighting for a BIG Championship
3. We beat a top 10 team on the road at night at one of College Footballs toughest venues.. they were coming off of a bye.
4. Our only loss was to a Top 25 team on the road, at night, at one of College Footballs toughest venues, they were coming off a bye (one week after #3).. and we outgained them by 137 yards. Costly special teams mistakes and questionable (no)calls.
5. We beat a top 15 team on the road, at night in a tough environment by 3 TDS.
6. Our RB from last year leads the NFL in Rushing, our top WR from last year leads all rookies in Receiving yards, our top DE from last year has 26 QB pressures in his first 4 games.. no rookie in the past 10 years has had more than 18.. that's a huge number. Our LT from last year is a starting LT in the NFL and performing well.(No small feat) This is along with a slew of others going to the NFL.
While the team has seemed disappointing these past few weeks we are in a position that 99% of programs couldn't dream of being in with the youngest team in the nation.
Bonus point.. the 2002 team won 7 of its games by less than 7 points or in OT.
No matter what we should be thankful that we're Buckeyes fans and not fans of some team that hasn't beaten their arch-rival on the road in over 1.5 decades.