Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hypothetically: What would you do to turn things around?

+3 HS
Urbanbuck's picture
October 24, 2016 at 12:14am
73 Comments

Given the recent performance by the team, and given some of the consistent undesirable tendencies we have seen repeatedly expressed, yet with a schedule to play and current and future talent to develop and woo - how would you practically go about making things better?

This is the kind of complex problem that really fascinates me, maybe because my professional life has been spent in business consulting with large enterprises where even expressing goals is a clumsy and difficult process. But there is definitely a "way" of making better football teams and better players and Meyer is a proven master of that way.

I never played a team sport so don't have any personal experience at how football teams train or develop, I only have a fan's view of what the process is like and what the roles and responsibilities of the coaches and the players are in terms of getting better.

I know there are a lot of people here who have played and coached and are even current players and coaches.

Care to share any insights on that process, the keys, the dangers and risks?

How do you motivate and engage without demoralizing and pointlessly punishing? 

How do you improve tactically? Skills training? Execution?

How do you improve communications and teamwork?

How does the coaching staff respond? It can't all be on Meyer.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments