Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What was your favorite road trip?

+6 HS
osu78's picture
October 17, 2016 at 10:18pm
38 Comments

Mine was to ND in the 90's. I was a grad student and a classmate was a Domer and invited me to tag along to South Bend. His dad rented an RV to take some business associates and family so the trip was very interesting and a good lesson on ND's history. Some friendly smack between fans who loved their school but respected their opponent. I was pretty quiet but everyone was cool and we had some good exchanges about each team's strengths and weaknesses. My friend and I had no tickets and scalper prices were insane, even at halftime. The first half we wandered amongst tailgate to watch the game, the ND and Buckeye fans were real friendly. After the halftime we bought some bees and watched the second half at a friend of my buddy's. ND has a beautiful campus and I can  see why their alumni love the school and its traditions. 

The best part was the ride back to Chicago. It was real quiet, but to their credit they had the highlights on the TV and tolerated my enthusiasm every time they showed a great Buckeye play. 

All the ND alums I have meet throughout the years were good folks who loved football. I really wish we played them more often.  Great fans who appreciated a good game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments