Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Week 1 - The Bad

+3 HS
Blue Eyed Buckeye's picture
September 4, 2016 at 12:47pm
21 Comments

Alright obviously this was a phenomenal performance and the team deserves all the hype and superlatives they'll get this week. But let's take a moment here to nit-pick some of the bad from this game, because there were some problems.

Here's what I saw:
- Defensive line did not generate pressure. I expected way way more out of the starters but instead it was freshmen Bosa and Jones who showed up and only in flashes
- Rush 3 drop 8 was weak. We rushed 3 in this new scheme a few times and the QB barely had to move, against a better QB this scheme could get us carved up.
- Justin Hilliard looked slow out there. I have been wondering why he hasn't been higher up the depth chart. Maybe it's just me but he didn't look as fast as you'd think from a 5-star recruit
- Linebackers letting ball come to them. Kwon would get into that hole and close on the ball carrier but too many times I saw all the other linebackers stand and wait for the ball carrier to come to them instead of stepping up to stone then in the hole.
- Secondary was incredible, can't think of anything negative here

- Corey Smith was invisible
- Catching punts still causes too many wobbles, Smith fumbled, for another year in a row now you wonder when this will catch up to us.
- eh look the offense was almost perfect I can't think of anything bad to say about them outside of second-guessing Barrett's interceptions but I think that's just lazy arm-chair-ing.

What do you guys think? What concerned you out there? Am I crazy to think some of these things?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments