Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Young Team Championship Theory

+4 HS
elitesmithie's picture
August 20, 2016 at 5:31pm
19 Comments

So as we are getting close to the season it is easy to compare to hype or expectations to previous seasons. In 2014 we were seen to be a year away especially with Braxton out. In 2015 we were supposed to be the greatest team ever. Along those same lines Saban made excuses(or reasons) as to why his veteran teams have laid some bowl eggs in 2014/15 (to Oklahoma and us). Us being wonderful OSU fans rightfully called him out on it. But it got me thinking to our Clemson bowl loss when Roby sat out so he wouldn't lose draft stock getting burnt by Watkins/"injured". My theory is in this day and age teams will gel better and win more championships moving forward the younger they are(within reason). Teams with heavy amounts of juniors and seniors will in some instances play for draft spots or not to get injured etc. I think this played a slight role last year where as in 2014 they were too young to need to worry about their draft stock etc. With all that being said I think our team this year has a strong chance of winning a title. Its full of underclassmen desperate to prove themselves. I am excited for this year.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 19 Comments