Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer recruit you're most bummed things didn't work out with?

+3 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
July 23, 2016 at 3:13pm
101 Comments

Bored at work, and looking for some Ohio State discussion.  Recruiting is the hot button topic right now, and I've been thinking about the vast spoil of riches the Buckeye faithful have been lucky enough to see Urban Meyer bring to Columbus since his tenure began.  But looking back not all of the players he's brought in have been able to cut the mustard.  Be it by injury, or inability to get it done in the class room, or just not being able to  live up to the hype they came to the party with, some of these players just weren't able to make it in the shoe.

Whose the player you wish the most things had gone there way for?

For me no question it's Trey Johnson, LB.  Man I was so stoked with that kid when he committed.  He gave his pledge at the UA game and everything.  He seemed like a great kid and had a ton of talent, but unfortunately didn't take care of his business in the classroom, and disappointed Coach Meyer in practice heading into his sophomore year, then ultimately his career was derailed by injury... 

There has been some talk about him joining the coaching staff when his academic career is over, hopefully that happens for him. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 101 Comments