College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Will the UM - Harbaugh Love Affair Crumble in '17?

+8 HS
buckeye phi's picture
June 2, 2016 at 6:01pm
156 Comments

There's actually a fairly reasonable Michigan fan who frequents 11W.  It's probably safe to say many regulars are familiar with Ozzyguy.  Yesterday, I asked him a question about a possible scenario I've envisioned with Jim Harbaugh.  So if you've already seen this, please forgive me.

In his first season as Michigan's head coach, Harbaugh lost to both Michigan State and Ohio State.  Contrary to a lot of "experts" out there, I think it's highly unlikely UM will beat us on our home field this year.  I think Sparty may have a decent chance of winning their home game with the Wolverines, too. 

UM will be losing many - if not most of their starters after the '16 season.  So while Harbaugh will have both the Spartans and the Buckeyes at home in '17 - he'll be the one with the inexperienced team, then.  It's not completely outrageous to think Harbaugh could go 0-6 verses MSU and OSU in his first three seasons. 

Even if he wins most of the rest of his games, if that were to happen, will the pie-eyed love affair the Michigan faithful is currently having with Harbaugh start to show some cracks? 

We've seen a lot of crazy love for Crazy Jimmy out of AA over the last year or so.  A lot of blind eyes turned to his wacky behavior by the UM faithful, too.  I'm sure in desperate hopes that he's finally that savior they've been searching for so long they're willing to overlook a lot. 

I question whether the relationship will be strong enough to survive an 0-6 start in those games.  Plus, the Coach Harbashian show has a tendency to wear out it's welcome after a few years, anyway. 

What do you think? 

By the way - naturally, Ozzy didn't want to even think it.  But he seemed to agree that in the incredibly unlikely event something like that did happen, some issues with some fans could at least begin to surface.  Of course, if he's reading this, he can speak for himself -

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 156 Comments