Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who is Your Surprise Breakout for 2016?

+4 HS
PoopOnMichigan13's picture
April 5, 2016 at 6:29pm
93 Comments

Well, its the offseason and things are kinda slow. I thought it would be cool to see which players people think could be a surprise breakout. For the purpose of this thread a "surprise breakout" could be a guy flying under the radar, no one is talking about, or you think will exceed expectations(high or low) for next year. 

For me I think Freshman WR Mack may be a guy who, despite some peoples pretty high expectations, could be an absolute star year 1, and exceed the already high expectations for him. It wouldnt surprise me if he ended up as our leading WR, and as Barretts go to guy. His hands are impressive, he has great size/length, impressive speed, and he has been playing WR for a long time. Hes polished for how young he is.

For a more under the radar guy I really like Michael Hill at DT. Hes a solid 6'3" 290 and I liked what I saw from him last year in limited playing time. He seems to be pretty agile and quick for his size/position. I could see him being a Michael Bennet kind of player.

Just for shits and giggles, Im gonna name player who I think has too high of expectations as well. For me, I think Noah Brown may have too high of expectations, specifically for next year. His injury was major, and it could slow him down more than people think. I love his talent and think that, if healthy, he will be a very good WR. However, his physical style could be hard on him even when he does return, and Im not so sure other guys dont step up and demand playing some leaving him as the odd man out. Hopefully he gets healthy fast because I do think he is our best WR at the moment. (As a side note, I think Corey Smith also fits here because of his injury history, but I like the talent of both a lot, and I would be willing to bet their experience ends up getting them on the field a lot)

--

Anyway, those are my thoughts and Id love to hear what you guys think. Have at it!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 93 Comments