Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

When will our BS college football award drought end?

0 HS
Buckeyejohn's picture
December 10, 2015 at 11:32am
35 Comments

Warning: Very salty post below.

Well, we got fudged again by Penn State last night. Former walk-on Carl Nassib had one great statistical year and beat out Joey Bosa for the Lombardi Award last night. Nassib had a good year for sure, but I think every coach knows that the future #1 draft pick (Bosa) was far more valuable. This reminds me of 2005 when Paul Posluzny had a good year and somehow beat out a superior AJ Hawk for the Butkus. I'm still angry about that one.

Raekwon was our only other  award finalist this year and he just lost the Butkus to Jaylon Smith. Apparently Zeke wasn't even worthy enough to be a finalist for the Doak Walker Award. Anyways, its just hard to believe that this crop of players is going to depart without a single major national award winner. Joey Bosa and Zeke are considered to be #1 at their position for the 2016 NFL draft, but both will leave without a single major national award to their name. We have not had a single winner since 2008 when Laurinaitis/Jenkins took home the Lott & Thorpe. Meanwhile, Wisconsin has had 5 different players (Scott Tolzien/Unitas (2011), JJ Watt/Lott (2011), Gabe Carimi/Outland (2011), Montee Ball/Doak (2012), Melvin Gordon/Doak (2014) win national awards since 2008 despite winning exactly jack shit over that time period. And don't even get me started on Manti Teo winning 7 different awards in 2012, including the award for best imaginary girlfriend. Anyways, a lot of our guys have been very deserving over the past 7 seasons and I can't think of another football powerhouse that has been snubbed as much as we have. Maybe Raekwon or JT can finally give Urban an award winner at Ohio State next year. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments