Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Have not Enjoyed this Season and I feel like a Jackass for It

0 HS
Whosisbrew's picture
November 22, 2015 at 12:40pm
50 Comments

It's true. I've been a horrible, no good, nervous wreck all season and I feel awfully foolish for it. This season has felt like a slow simmering disappointment, culminating in yesterday's game, and you know what? I'm more to blame for that than the team is.

Now, I understand that our disappointment is a result of the team not clicking in the way that we'd all envisioned before the season started. We had expectations. They weren't met. That's the definition of disappointment. But I let that seep into my enjoyment of an Ohio State football season, and that should never happen.

We wait for this through the better part of three seasonal changes. We crave Saturdays because there's so few of them, and when they finally arrive, they're far too short. In this particular season, we're getting the last looks at some of the most beloved Buckeyes to have ever worn the Scarlet and Gray. These young men are responsible for plays and moments that we'll be savoring for the rest of our lives. And all I've done is respond to every game with knee-jerk negativity and skepticism. 

The Grind is not as fun the Chase. I allowed that to become truth as a fan, and that should never have happened. I blinked, and 11 games were played, and I feel as if I enjoyed none of them. In that regard, I've squandered this season more than an Ohio State football team ever could. This was an education. Hopefully I learned something.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 50 Comments