Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

VT experience and greater appreciation for OSU home games

0 HS
buckgrad04's picture
September 9, 2015 at 9:53am
92 Comments

Back to work after the road trip to VT, my experience and impressions of the VT tailgating and stadium experience.

1.  As most have said, the VT folks were really nice and welcoming.  And I think honored to have this OSU team playing at their stadium.  Had a group of VT fans in the stadium give me a hard time about my shirt that said "undisputed".  They said "yeah you were undisputed but not undefeated".  I then asked them when was the last time that they won a national championship, didnt hear another word from them the rest of the game.  Had a great time overall.

2.  The crowd was loud for about most of the 1st quarter, quieted down after.

3.  The compliments stop there though.  It was amateur hour from tailgating all the way through out the game compared to an experience at Ohio Stadium.

4.  We have a nice tailgating set up - tent/grill/tv/corn hole set etc... That is just common set ups at OSU, we were the only set up with a tv in the entire parking lot.

5. The bathroom situation was terrible out side the stadium.  Felt sorry for the ladies that had to use the few and far between disgusting bathrooms.

6. We got there early so we didn't have a problem getting a good tailgating spot but I noticed there was very limited public parking.

7. No game day program (I collect them from each game I go to)?  They did have a small cheaply put together one once you got into the stadium.

8. The stadium reminded me of Purdue's, it is just kind of "blah".

9.  Trying to get into the stadium was unorganized and difficult.  Very few entrances.  

10.  Bathrooms inside the stadium were few and far between as well was vending stations.

11.  If they said it was sold out then about 3,000 fans did not enter.  There were noticeably thousands of seats open.

Overall, I realized that I am spoiled by OSU game day experiences.  Not that I will ever have a reason to go back to VT, but if I did, would definitely NOT go back.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments