Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Here comes the trashy part of our fanbase

0 HS
DiasporaBuck's picture
September 8, 2015 at 7:46pm
86 Comments

I was reading some articles today on the VT fansite TheKeyPlay (I didn't sign up there, was just curious to see their take on things) and saw that some of our fanbase has been saying that Michael Brewer somehow deserved to have his collarbone broken for responding to a reporter's question about his first half dings by saying the exact same thing we'd expect of our own players: that he wasn't going to wuss out.  Clearly some of our fanbase needs to relearn the full words to Carmen Ohio: "We should strive to keep thy name of fair repute and spotless fame."  After all, honor is what distinguishes a man from a boy; it's always disgraceful when some of our fanbase chooses to be the latter rather than the former.

I couldn't figure out how to post a screenshot here, so I just copy and pasted these excerpts from TheKeyPlay:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

socalbuck2014 | -176 | 18 hours 52 min # ^

Hate to see that for the kid but he was asking for it in the locker room at half....well he got it. Go Bucks. I hope you can take that medicine. I was pissed in vegas last year after we lost to your sorry asses. Well RIP you sumbitch. Hope we never play again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This VT poster hit the nail on the head with the word trashy to capture that attitude among some of our fanbase:

The Spirit of Bernard Basham | 128 | 10 hours 33 min # ^

ESPN showed Brewer on camera in the locker room at halftime, referring to the sandwich hit he took in the first half, saying STTEO, "Well, they're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that to knock me out."

Some OSU trash fan recorded a Vine of him saying that, then cutting to the hit by Washington that took him out, with mocking laughter over the top.

People. *sigh*

And right when the main newspaper here (there's a good mix of Ohio State and VT fans where I live) ran an article portraying us as benevolent overlords: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/09/08/ohio-state-buckeyes-have-become-a-monster-that-people-can-embrace/

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 86 Comments