Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Beating VATech with Power

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
August 29, 2015 at 10:40pm
100 Comments

Reading through some VT stuff here and elsewhere - how they plan to defend us, etc.  I respect their program and had the unfortunate experience of witnessing that fiasco live last year (the one game I've been to in a long time...) 

The strength of their defense this year appears to be their DE's and CB's.  They're best on the outside. Their D-line isn't big and their depth is shallow. They're breaking in a new MLB.  I think we lean more toward the "Power" in Urban's "Power-Spread." We're bigger and more experienced on the O-Line. Zeke is a beast & rarely gets tackled in the backfield. 

I think Braxton gets the ball on jet sweeps, but I also think Zeke becomes lead blocker inside like he would be if Brax was just running a QB draw.  I think our TE & receivers take out their LBs and safeties crashing the box for run support.  The inside power game likely opens up the outside for slants and sweeps.  I don't see us coming out and slinging the ball around easily or running the read-option a lot as I think their DE's and CB's are disciplined, good, and well-coached.  

I think the game is a low scoring chess match for a quarter. For some reason, it feels like it will unfold similar to the Oregon game to me (VT's D is better, though). That's just how I'm seeing it unfold as of today. Why is it not already September 7th?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 100 Comments