Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN 'GameDay': 8 wins would be 'unbelievable' for U-M

0 HS
Defiance's picture
August 26, 2015 at 4:41pm
90 Comments

The ESPN "College GameDay" crew has weighed in on Michigan and new football coach Jim Harbaugh on its season-preview special, and analyst Kirk Herbstreit sees a three-game improvement from last season's 5-7 record.

"I think they can get to eight wins," he said. "They've got a challenging schedule. Opening up at Utah, you've got BYU on the slate. That's the nonconference before they have some tough road games (and play) Michigan State and Ohio State. So I think eight wins would be an unbelievable start to his era."

Former U-M Heisman Trophy winner Desmond Howard watches the program closely and feels that Harbaugh will have a quick, notable impact because the players have to respect him.

"Right off the gate, they're a team that will be in a bowl game," Howard said on the show. "Harbaugh is the type of coach that he's going to bring you at least six or seven wins. He's the type of coach, he's very demanding, a great evaluator of talent and he does a tremendous job of developing his players.

"I think he's going to be Urban Meyer's worst nightmare," analyst Lee Corso said. "He's won at every level, including the National Football League. He's a modern-day Bo. He's every ounce a Michigan Man. ... To me, that's the one signal that they're back, when 'College GameDay' goes back to Ohio State-Michigan."

Want to read the rest of the article, this link is for you:

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/08/26/michigan-football-espn-college-gameday/32410415/

So we've heard from the "ESPN 3", let's hear what you think about their predictions.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 90 Comments