Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Worried about Cardale

0 HS
bucked up's picture
January 15, 2015 at 9:32am
42 Comments

I can't help but be worried about Jones' future no matter what decision he makes. There are so many tragedies of people who became too big too quickly that I fear this improbable title run will make him a target malignant forces. 

If he stays in school then a rift might develop between the QB's and divide the team. Everybody will lose games and eventually money if that happens. 

Even as a young father with a nice girlfriend the other girls on campus will go after him hard. I would hate for the relationship with his girlfriend and, ultimately, his child to fall apart because of horny college girls. Child support payments have claimed the bank accounts of many wealthy people. 

By no fault of his own he's now more exposed than ever to predatory boosters and adults who will try to put him in compromising positions and take advantage of him. If he returns Gene Smith and the athletic dept/compliance office will need to be proactive in protecting him from shady people with money and no regard for his future.  

And then there are the obvious risks of jumping to the NFL prematurely and having money for the first time in your life. It is extremely difficult to succeed in the league and quarterback has the highest casualty rate. In my opinion he still has so much to work on before hes ready to step on an NFL field.

I hate to sound cynical about him but it's not hard to find stories of young people whose persona took on a meteoric rise before crashing into desparity. 

I also don't know Cardale personally and I'm no (fill in the blank)-ologist. But I do know that Cardale is unusually candid and rather innocent, which leaves him vulnerable. I also know that he was aimlessly roaming the streets of Cleveland and being forced to live in other people's houses as recently as five years ago. 

Hoping for the best for him. It would be great if he spent time with Maurice Clarett and listened to his advice. And I hope the people who surround this program don't attempt to exploit or enable him. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments