Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Stories from the NCG - SEC fans and Oregon

0 HS
CC's picture
January 13, 2015 at 11:25pm
54 Comments

I'll preface the following stories by saying this isn't meant to be demeaning to anyone but some people just beg for it:

1) SEC Fans - You can't make this stuff up.  We were leaving the hotel around noon and ended up on the elevator with 2 "Oregon" fans dressed in full UO regalia.  We chit chatted for a second and they said they came from TN.  I asked how they became "Oregon" fans and they told me they are really Vols fans but are true "SEC" fans so they bought tickets to the NCG assuming Bama was going to be there so they could yell "Roll Tide" but since that didn't work out they are cheering for Oregon because they hate Urban Meyer.  I guess a Vols fan would hate Urban...

2) Oregon Fans/Band - I get it, no band is even in the same universe as TBDBITL but at the pre-party the Oregon band did a "demonstration".  I'll just describe it as embarrassing.  This is not to say what they did not play the music well (I have no clue about music) but the "demonstration" was such a joke.  They essentially went through each situation in the game and what they would play and why.  It was almost like they were saying "Hey Oregon fans, here's how we act like we've been fans for more than 3 years".  I will say I thought playing Hawaii 5-0 music was clever when Mariota made a big play.

3) General thoughts about Oregon - I feel like a sore winner writing this but it's just my impression from the game/events.  Oregon is "new-money" in college football and all the money in the world can't bring you the things that many of us love about college football.  It can't bring you memories from your childhood rooting for your team, it can't buy tradition, it can't buy you old grey haired people who still live and die with their Bucks  and it definitely can't buy the awesomeness that is TBDBITL.

4) So proud of OSU and a complete dominance of the game and events - We clearly had more fans (probably 70/25/5 - the 5 having no affiliation), clearly won the band off and obviously had a far superior team.  Some may find this amazing because in the media these teams were made out to be equals.  There was nothing equal about these 2 teams/schools/fan bases/bands.

I didn't intend to ramble so please accept my apologies for this somewhat negatively toned post but I just can't stand Oregon.  I can't stand their unis which don't have the school colors in them, I can't stand their west coast hippie fan base, I can't stand hearing about how fast they are, I definitely can't stand how much credit they get for never winning anything against top flight competition and can't stand their general style over substance existence,

Lastly I'll leave you with a quote from my favorite sign at the game:
"Hey Oregon, while you were playing dress up we were playing football"  I think that says it all.

Go Bucks - This weekend was perfect!

Edit: Changed the quote to be more accurate.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 54 Comments