Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Why is Bama getting so many top kids?

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
January 10, 2015 at 4:43am
114 Comments

They have almost as many 5 star kids now as we have 4 star. I don't understand what the draw is. With so many position groups having studs there is a huge risk of only seeing the field as a starter for maybe 1-2 seasons at best. I realize the lore of Saban, NFL draft success etc.. Sure, but a stud is a stud, and no.1 picks can come out of Centrel Michigan for crist sake. One would almost think you would shine brighter on a average team. I.E. Like Mack at Buffalo at linebacker. I just don't get why kids want to go to freaking Tuscaloosa. When USC was dominant I could understand. Souther Cali, L.A., Tradition, Women, Stars, Pete C., and a top 20 private education. But Fuking Tuscaloosa? They have 16 players that are number 1 or 2 in their position, recruits, not current players. I have never seen anything like it. Freaking Derick Henry is a wrecking ball freshman, sure to start for two more years yet Harris commits. He may tote the rock a bit, but he would be the full time back at any number of other schools. I just don't know how they have been able to stack talent like they have over the last 5 years. It has got to be the greatest recruiting  I have ever seen. I can understand it with Kentucky basket ball, where it's one and done. But not football, makes zero sense.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 114 Comments