Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

12 GaugE

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
January 8, 2015 at 2:22pm
3 Comments

I imagine that this has been talked about before but I was thinking about this and thought maybe there may be some folks that may not know just how close we were to jot having Cardale as a Buckeye.

As a Jr. In high school CJ was already making it well know he was all Buckeye. As a senior he had a great season at Glenville, and again talked about wanting to be a buckeye. But the offer from OSU never came. Late in the recruiting season it looked as if it may never come. Tho OSU was interested somewhat, they had their eyes on many other targets. CJ was looking close at going to scUM, and many had him pegged to do just that. scUM had offered Jones, as well as a number of other quality programs. But CJ was in love with the Bucks, tho the bucks were not much in love with him. It was only after the Buckeyes were snubbed by several recruits with NSD upon us that the Buckeyes made him a conditional offer. CJ jumped on it immediately. It was very obvious that CJ was a last resort offer that just as easily could have never happened. All it would have taken is for 1-2 of the many targets that OSU was eyeing to commit and we would never know what 12 gauge would mean to Buckeye football.   He is a great example of a kid who wanted to be a Buckeye more than he wanted anything. A kid willing to go the long way in order to be a buckeye. He could have went to many other schools that would have been a easier road, not to mention maybe more grateful from day 1 to have him. I feel like we are lucky to have a kid with so much heart, so much love for his home team. In these days of recruits seemingly wanting schools to glamorize them during the recruiting process, it's a breath of fresh air to have a guy leading the Buckeyes in a Nat'l Championship game that has dreamed of it his whole life. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments