Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This play confused me Thursday night and still confuses me as I watch the replay.

0 HS
J10's picture
January 4, 2015 at 9:35pm
46 Comments

With just over a minute left, Alabama has a 2nd and 4 on their 23 yard line.  Sims throws to Black (#1) on a crossing route, who is immediately decked in bounds by Grant and Lee (who make a nice North vs. South combo, right?) and the ball squirts loose.  Grant picks up the apparent fumble, and is two steps toward a sure TD when the whistle blows.  I think it must be incomplete (the announcers do, too) but the clock keeps running.  Alabama wanders around confused a bit, and I can't figure out why we don't ask for a video review of the fumble, except the damn clock is ticking in our favor.  The rest of the action resolves itself soon enough, but I never heard a word about that play. HOW DO THE REFS NOT LOOK AT THE REPLAY??  If it's a fumble, we win.  And they must have ruled it was a catch to keep the clock going (and which is confirmed by the "new" spot of the ball.)  Anybody else confused by this, too?

Here is the youtube link.  Someone with more tech smarts than me can probably embed the play, but I'm not at that level.  The action described above starts at about 2:45:00, though I suggest watching the whole thing if you enjoy reveling in Buckeye Supremacy.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments