Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Committee Rankings

0 HS
jonping67's picture
November 16, 2014 at 7:45am
40 Comments

After failing to blow out Minnesota yesterday how will the Buckeye's fair in this weeks rankings? Well BuckeyeNation, I think we all may be a bit surprise.

1. FSU - Regains the tops spot (Oregon bye week hurts them, at least it does with B1G Teams)

2. Alabama - Beat #1 MSU (Oregon bye week hurts them, at least it does with B1G Teams)

3. Oregon - Bye weeks drops them two spots, but who cares only need to be in the top 4 to get into the playoffs.

4. Ohio State - Beat a solid Minnesota team in horrible conditions. Was up 17 late in the game and coasted to a win. Committee will see a fumble at the goal line cost them 7 and a late muffed fair catch cost them another 7. Game could easily have been 38 - 17. (NOTE: Ohio State now has the nations 3rd longest winning streak)

5. Mississippi State - Down 19-3 at the half and came back to make it close in the 2nd half, so they'll stay in the top 5 because they play in the SEC West.

6. TCU - Looked horrible in a win over 3-7 Kansas. This close win will hurt them more than they know and if not for a punt return late Kansas could have beating them.

7. Baylor - Bye week, need I say more.

Every other team ranked outside of the top 7 has at least 2 loses, so I am stopping here.

Bye Arizona State and Nebraska.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 40 Comments