Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Noon Game Rituals

0 HS
GVerrilli92's picture
November 12, 2014 at 12:32pm
25 Comments

With the announcement that the *ichigan game will be at noon, what recent traditions or routines will you keep alive on that day of days?

For me, as a Buckeye in college at UNC, I LOVE NOON STARTS. 

Wake up, schmoke a bewl, run to the gas station for coffee, beer, and snacks, barely make it back for kickoff. Get a nice day drunk going by the time the game is over and still have enough daylight to play 18 on a real course (Ohio courses suck, sorry bout it). While golfing I keep up with all of the 3:30 finals on my phone, and get home just in time to catch the start of the 8pm games.

The Game is a little different though. I need to buy a new jersey because VaTech tainted my TP t-shirt jersey's record. But I'll call my dad before the game and we'll trade predictions, my entire family from Ohio will text me in a group message for the entirety of the game like an open thread. My friends in Chapel Hill also know to not come watch without beer. They also know I will smash them through my coffee table if they start talking shit. It was tough moving away from home for days like these, but I'm making some traditions of my own!

It took me 5 years of college to perfect this protocol. I'm a man of calculated time and efficiency. (Yes, 5)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments