Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I still say how can you have a National Champion...

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
November 3, 2014 at 8:15pm
27 Comments

...who didn't win their conference?

I know these Tuesday ranking mean nothing until everything shakes out, but if they do take even 2 SEC teams (or any conference) over two Power Conference Champions I think it loses what little legitimacy this "playoff" had from the start.

IMO they should have went with 6 teams...all 5 Power Conference Champions (no matter what their record) and the best of the other six conference champions.

Then you rotate 6 bowl games and give the top 2 seeded teams a bye for week one bowls Christmas week, week two semi-finals on New Years Day and the Championship Game a week later.

We can all still have fun arguing about the seeding and which lower conference champion team should have made it, but all the participants would have won their conference. 

This would also open up the non-conference scheduling for some great match-ups once schools knew they could lose and still get into the "playoff" by winning their conference.

The only down side I see is the logistics of fans having to potentially travel three straight weeks.

Your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 27 Comments