Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Rashad Frazier

0 HS
Run_Fido_Run's picture
September 1, 2014 at 4:32pm
15 Comments

Did anyone happen to notice how many plays/series Rashad Frazier played against Navy? I was just rewatching the "close out" defensive series that immediately followed EzE's TD run that put the Buckeyes up 27-17 with about 8:50 left in the game. If Navy had any hope for a comeback, they had to get a TD or FG drive on that series, but the defense had perhaps its best series to effectively close the door.

Well, Frazier looked great on this series. On 2nd and 7 on the 22 yard line, Frazier crashed in from his right DE spot to upend the FB dive for about a 2.5 yard gain - great instincts on that play. On third down, Navy tried to run an option play to his side. Frazier, face-planted the FB who tried to cut block him and then kept inside contain against Reynolds. Fortunately, Worley, Bell, and C. Grant were all over the pitchman and outside QB lane, forcing Reynolds back into Frazier, who had pinched in maybe a hair too much (Reynolds is a slippery dude). Never mind, though, as Frazier lassoed Reynolds anyway, with help from Curtis Grant.

Frazier was credited with 4 total tackles in the game, but I wasn't paying enough attention to his earlier series. Can anyone fill me in on his overall performance? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments