Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Braxton Miller practicing over the summer

0 HS
Urbz4President's picture
August 16, 2014 at 2:50pm
12 Comments

I distinctly recall this article below:

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2014/06/36992/braxton-miller-jalin-marshall-spent-their-friday-night-getting-better

It seems like Brax did a lot of work over the summer on his own time. My assumption would be that he wouldn't be at Woody Hayes throwing bombs to Marshall if his shoulder were that messed up. Which leads me to several conclusions about his current status.

A) That he is 100% ready to go and his lack of reps with the rest of the team is due to the fact that Meyer wants some of the backup QBs to be cohesive with the rest of the first team offense should Miller be injured this season. Also, always being the futurist, he may be trying to figure out who he will begin grooming to be the 2015 starting QB. Granted, this scenario is somewhat wishful thinking.

B) Does anyone think there may have been a potential re-injury of that shoulder during the first few days of camp? Maybe nothing requiring surgery, but doesn't this sort of stink of an "Out 2-3 weeks" injury? It just seems curious to me that all of the language during Media Days all pointed to him being "100%, best shape of his life" and now he's sort of sidelined. 

What I'm getting at is that something just doesn't add up here. He certainly seemed healthy over the summer heading into camp.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments