Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Let's talk ethics..

0 HS
GVerrilli92's picture
July 28, 2014 at 1:41pm
23 Comments

So I was reading the Shelley Meyer article and a couple of things struck me. For one, I love that Mrs. Meyer has her opinions and is capable of speaking for herself. Secondly, I do not believe that there is a single fan base of ANY team that blows ours out of the water.

That being said, I go to UNC Chapel Hill and have had the pleasure of being friends with many of the guys on the football team. Also, most of them were recruited by SEC teams. The stories that I've heard are not fake, and it's shaped my entire perspective on the gap that the SEC has created in recruiting. I used to be one of those people that had never bought into the SECheat hype. But I've WITNESSED enough to know now that it's not only rumor, but most people don't know the half of all the shit these kids are having thrown at them.

I'll use one example without names, so as to save my own ass (I work in the UNC AD). A tight end at Carolina that I became pretty well acquainted with told some stories that made me lose some faith in the sport I love. There's no point in sharing everything, but when he was recruited to Arkansas he (and the recruits he visited with) was personally handed an Oz of pot by his position coach. Our friends all called bullshit, he said "Nah bro, this shit is real." It seemed like every time we drank together he told us a new recruiting story. I don't want to mention other schools names because dots could be connected.

But if you don't believe in the total abandonment of morals in the SEC, I'm envious of you. My naivete will forever be stripped after hearing his stories.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments