Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Anonymous Recruit Exposes Dirty Business at Ohio State-Finally!

0 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture
July 18, 2014 at 6:00pm
21 Comments

The recruit in this report will remain anonymous because he didn't want to suffer repercussions from the internet world.  His claims, largely substantiated, are that the internet has bullied him at every turn, and he is adamantly against bullying.

Mr. "A", as he will be hereafter referred to, says that it's about time Ohio State is shown to be what it is.  A bully, and a mean one at that.  We asked Mr. A to give a little background as to why he feels that way:

"First of all, Ohio State calls Michigan 'that school up north'.  That is not just mean, that's disrespectful.  I mean, Michigan is mostly northwest of Ohio, so it's not even accurate.  But Ohio State is not concerned with accuracy, just a general direction...north."

When prompted for more evidence of the deplorable issues at Ohio State, Mr. A had this to say:

"On the field, it just goes from bad to worse.  Over the last decade, they have been shown to be bullies on the field.  For instance, most of the time when the Buckeyes are ahead against other opponents, they substitute backups into the game.  But against Michigan, they keep their first stringers in nearly till the end.  This is extremely disrespectful and shows a disregard for how the game of football should be played.  No honor at all, no consideration for the feelings of this one opponent, and it disgusts me."

We wanted to move ahead in our interview, but Mr. A was tearing up at this point, so we broke for lunch.  Once he had regained his composure, we asked about his recruiting visits, and if he could shed any light on the darkness that is Ohio State football.

"Well, I've visited both schools, and it was like night and day.  At Michigan, the attitude was light, airy, and upbeat.  We were treated royally.  We got invited to a buffet with the staff (the coaches did eat first), but there was still plenty left over for us, and not at all like some ignorant OSU fans want to say...that Coach Hoke eats it all.  He does not.  But after the buffet, we were treated to a singalong.  Everybody was holding hands and swaying and stuff.  It was so cool.  I almost committed right there."

When asked about his Ohio State visit, Mr. A's face darkened and he frowned, nearly coming to tears again.

"At OSU, I just didn't feel any love.  Nobody reached out to me, nobody sung or even hummed.  And there was absolutely no hand holding.  It felt like I was getting cold-shouldered from everyone.  It was pretty much all football talk and academics and stuff.  And then Meyer said some pretty horrible things about Michigan, and that's when I knew this wasn't the place for me.  Michigan just felt like, you know, home."

Our curiosity posed the next question about what exactly Meyer had said.  Mr. A didn't hesitate after brushing away one tear rolling down his cheek:

"That Coach Meyer...he said Michigan was in a rebuilding mode, and was having trouble finding their way back to prominence, and just wasn't that good right now, but if I wanted to try to help them out, that I should commit to Michigan, although he doesn't call them that, just 'the school up north'.  And then he said that if I wanted to be coached by the best, win championships and move on to the NFL that I should commit to Ohio State.  I thought that was a really insensitive thing to say, the OSU coaches were 'the best', and I kinda felt bad for Michigan right there."

Mr. A concluded the interview by saying that he would never, ever, in a million gajillion years...commit to the Buckeyes, because "they are mean, man, just mean".

We wish good luck to Mr. A no matter where he chooses to play his college ball, and thank him for this evidence-backed expose of the dirty business going on at Ohio State.  Hopefully, other recruits will see it too, and by committing to Ohio State, they will just encourage the continued inappropriate bashing and bullying of Michigan football.  We believe this sort of stuff just doesn't belong in the world of college football.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments