Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tressel and Urbans 2 deep.

0 HS
MacG91's picture
February 20, 2014 at 1:30am
29 Comments

My brother and I got into the discussion about what would the best two deep depth chart look like since Tressel took over. This is what we came up with. Im interested in what changes you all would make. It would have Urban's offense with a 4-3 defense. A player being injury prone is not taken into effect, all players are equal in that way. And yes I am aware of the amount of free time on my hands.

QB-Troy Smith (most accurate OSU qb during the span and can run)                                        

Craig Krenzel (gotta have a smart, tough back up, who can win if needed)

HB- Beanie Wells (Big, fast and all out beast, most athletic HB since Eddie)  

Carlos Hyde (Can you imagine having to stop this duel headed attack)

WR X- Santonio Holmes (Amazing route runner and game breaking ability)         

Anthony Gonzalez (Very dependable, quick and great hands)

WR Y- Mike Jenkins (Most clutch receiver in OSU history, great route runner, 6'4)

DeVier Posey (Tall, fast and good route runner, came up big in many games)

Percy Harvin- Ted Ginn Jr. (Do I need to say anything else other than fast?)                      

Antonio Pittman  (Very quick, good break away speed and above average hands)

TE- Ben Hartsock (Great blocker, above average receiver, came up big when needed)

Jake Ballard (Just watch the 09 Rose bowl for why he is on here)

LT- Kirk Barton (Huge man, gave up something like 1 or 2 sacks his senior year)  

Shane Olivea (Dependable blind side, good pass blocker)

LG- Rob Simms (Allowed zero sacks his last year)                                                      

Steve Rehring (Another huge man, 3 year starter)

C- LeCharles Bentley (played one year under Tressel but was amazing)                      

Nick Mangold (Most likely #1 on almost every other team)

RG- Adrien Clarke ( Great run blocker, pathed the way for Mighty Mo)                    

Marcus Hall (Great run blocker, One finger salute vs *ichigan deserves to be on here)

RT- Alex Boone (Another huge man, second team All America senior year)                  

Mike Adams (Very athletic, not very smart, but good lineman)

--------------------------------------------------------

DE- Will Smith (Put constant pressure on Dorsey, great pass rusher)                          

John Simon (Great leader, had an amazing engine)

RDT- Cameron Heyward (Man child, reminds me of what Bosa might end up like)

Jonathan Hankins (Very big, strong and quick on his feet)

LDT- Darrion Scott (Force in the middle during the NC run)                                            

Tim Anderson (Helped Scott clog the middle during that run)

DE- Vernon Gholston (Absolute beast, had everything, strength, speed, etc)            

Thaddeus Gibson (Smaller but very quick and had great use of hands)

SAM- Bobby Carpenter (Part of the 'Long Hair Dont Care' animals at LB)                

Marcus Freeman (Solid LB, Good coverage skills and pretty fast)

MIKE- James Laurinaitis (Tackling machine, 3x All American)                                        

Matt Wilhelm (Controlled the best defense ever assembled at OSU)

WILL- AJ Hawk (Most athletic linebacker to ever come through, Amazing pass rusher)

Ryan Shazier (Extremely fast, instinctive and like Laurinaitis, tackling machine)

CB- Chris Gamble (Shut down corner, Could play anywhere on the field)                  

Derek Ross (Seven picks his Junior year in 01)

SS- Mike Doss (Hard Hitting, Ball Hawking, All American beast. My favorite player)

Donte (W)Hitner (Another hard hitting safety, who could cover)

FS-Kurt Coleman (Based his game off Doss and it showed)                                    

Donnie Nickey (3 year starter, played very well next to Doss and during the 02 run)

CB- Malcolm Jenkins (Great coverage skills, fast, 3 year starter)                              

Bradley Roby (2nd team All American, amazing special team player, won by default) 

---------------------------------------------

PK- Mike Nugent (Could Not Miss)

P- Andy Groom (Clutch punter, kicked the hell out of the ball)

Returner- Ted Ginn Jr (look up records if not aware)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments