Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Terrance Dials on Latest CarXens Crew Podcast

+9 HS
TheShookster's picture
February 22, 2023 at 10:28am
33 Comments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o_Efzss5yQ

Terrance Dials was on the latest edition of CarXen's Crew podcast and for those who follow this program as much as us psychos still watching this team play do, I found his comments to be extremely refreshing.

He pretty much admits that they mismanaged the roster badly this year and that pieces they thought they had never fell into place. You'd never hear Holtmann say that, so it's good to hear someone in the program admit it (though yeah I get it...really doesn't make a guy feel any better). 

He also interestingly said that they're going to have to be AGGRESSIVE in the portal this year and go get a dynamic guard (who can basically replace Brice's 16 points a game) and also get a 4 so they aren't relying on freshman to man that position because "we've seen how that's gone this year" - this tells me they're expecting Brice to be gone, but also others...because even if Brice/Ice/McNeil/Sueing are gone and you take Owen off scholarship, you only have one open spot. Goodbye Etzler, Holden or Bowen?

So on those two fronts, yeah I love to hear that admittance...

At the end he talks about how they have to raise some B1G title banners and make the second weekend, and they understand this is Ohio State and the standard is higher than this. "The goal is to collect rings" or something along those lines, and that "nobody understands or wants that more than Holtmann". Once again, that's all great to hear, and it means more to me hearing it come from a former player and legend like Terrance, but man still at the end of the day...I just have absolutely no faith that Holtmann will be achieving that. I feel like Trayce Jackson-Davis could grad transfer here, Brice could return for his sophomore year, and Holtman would still fuck it up lol

Sorry I couldn't be ALL positive. I said in previous posts that if this staff wants to save its jobs next year they have to be super aggresive in the portal and do a much better job there and hearing Terrance admit the same MOVES MY OPTIMISM LEVEL FOR THIS PROGRAM FROM ABOUT A NEGATIVE 7 TO A ZERO...there is still a long way to go there haha. Perhaps Holtmann can do what I thought he did this year...recruit well enough to overcome his obvious shortcomings as an in-game coach.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments