Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Why the Malaki Branham Presser?

+10 HS
PiPo2234's picture
April 27, 2022 at 2:15pm
34 Comments

For those bent out of shape over Malaki Branham’s press conference, to announce he is staying in the NBA draft. I ask why not have one? Does it hurt to have one? 

Ok, I can understand if someone says, “well it was so obvious he is a one and done, so isn’t a presser overkill?”. Yes, maybe it is, but are you any worse for wear to have listened to it? No one forced you to listen. 

I don’t know who’s idea it was to have this press conference. My guess is it was the athletic departments idea to do this. The University can showcase its basketball talent and the programs ability to produce multiple NBA prospects. I think it was a win/win. The program shows that it is developing next level players (which can’t hurt future recruiting efforts). Most importantly I think it was a fun thing for Malaki to do. Send Malaki out with another great memory of his time at The Ohio State University! Support our athletes and programs! Take some joy out of seeing our athletes succeed! Go Bucks!!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 34 Comments