Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

Next Season's Rotation: Could Holtmann Go 10 Deep?

+6 HS
bsk33's picture
February 24, 2019 at 9:04pm
64 Comments

With Justin Ahrens emerging the last couple of games, I started thinking about what the rotation might be next season. I have not given up on this season and actually think we will at least split the last 4 games giving us a chance to make the tourney. That being said, it is impossible not to be excited about next season.

I think predicting the starting lineup is kinda boring, especially since Holtmann has proven to have very fluid starting lineups, at least 1-2 of the spots. I also think Holtmann would like to have a deeper than 7-8 man rotation, but has not really had the roster to do it thus far.Next year the only players that won't be his recruits are the Wesson bros (he did recruit Andre at Butler). And his 3 players with no college experience will arguably have the most raw talent on the team. This to me sets up a potential 9-10 man rotation, in my opinion.

Before I list my projected mins for the roster, I want to say I have nothing against Musa Jallow or Jaedon Ledee. They seem like really good kids. It is just my opinion that if either or both decide to return next year, they won't see consistent mins. Obviously, I have no inside info that either is transferring. Just a hunch that one or both might and just don't see consistent mins for them with next year's roster. For that reason, I did not factor them in my projected 10 man rotation.

Projected mins breakdown:

DJ Carton (fr.)-27 mins
K. Wesson (jr.)- 25 mins
L. Muhammad (so.)- 25 mins
A. Wesson (sr.)- 22 mins
D. Washington (so.)-22 mins
CJ Walker (jr.)- 22 mins
K. Young (jr.)- 20 mins
A.Gaffney (fr.)- 15 mins
J. Ahrens (so.)- 12 mins
EJ Liddell (fr.)- 10 mins

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments