Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State Basketball Forum

Ohio State basketball fan talk.

B1G Basketball Tourney Coming To D.C.

0 HS
703Buckeye's picture
May 5, 2014 at 7:10pm
6 Comments

The Verizon Center in D.C. will host the 2017 tournament, after which the site will move around. Until now the B1G tourney has only been held in Indianapolis and Chicago. I would imagine NYC will be a target but that will be hard since the Big East is in MSG and the ACC is in the new Barclay's Center.

It will be nice to see the B1G bring its brand to new cities. I'm sure (besides D.C. and NYC) that cities like Detroit, Cleveland, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati would be great options as well.

I'm sure the Bucks will be well-represented in any city the B1G decides to visit.

The Verizon Center is home to the Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Mystics (WNBA), and Georgetown (Men's BB). It's a nice venue, located near lots of mass transportation, and is in a nice/fun part of the city. If you're wondering why there is Chinese writing on the building, Verizon Center butts-up to Chinatown, which is a fun place to visit.

Verizon Center Exterior

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/05/big_ten_basketball_tournament.html#incart_river_default

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments