Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Men's Lacrosse: Buckeyes Bash Knights, 14-8

+8 HS
beserkr29's picture
March 30, 2024 at 8:28pm
1 Comment

I will admit it. While I thought a win was possible today, I definitely didn't think that we would see a blowout. To nearly double up Rutgers was an impressive statement. I doubt it leads to more momentum, but let's enjoy a good win.

Ohio State won today because the team broke every trend that had plagued the offense through the season. The Buckeyes got 59% of their shots on goal, well above their season average.

OSU also had 10 more shots than Rutgers overall, which helps tremendously. The Buckeyes did this game what they failed to do in most other games: let off ball shooters be off ball shooters.

Alex Marinier took 11 shots today, 25% of the Buckeye total. He scored 5 goals, most of them in the second half. Marinier is the Leclaire-type shooter that the Buckeyes need to feed.

To this point, the offense has involved a lot pf Marinier on ball. He is not that type of player. If Ohio State can dodge with other players, fortunes could turn around. I don't think any team left on the schedule is as poor as Rutgers in defensive personnel, but that's another matter.

Caleb Fyock had 12 saves, and legitimately looks like a Freshman All American candidate. He is the missing piece for Ohio State that shores up a weakness going back to 2018.

The main studs for Rutgers went off, but Ohio State did a good job shutting down the rest of the Scarlet Knight offense. Colin Kurdyla was the only other player besides Scott and Knobloch to have more than one point. That's a good day.

All in all, this is a win the Buckeyes can be proud of. But there's a lot of work left to be done. And much better opponents on the horizon.

Up next is a trip to Maryland. The Terps are in a down year, but road trips haven't been kind to Ohio State. Hopefully they can pull an upset.

Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 1 Comments