Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

Here's the Actual Language from Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy

+3 HS
mizzer's picture
August 2, 2018 at 8:29am
10 Comments

I started digging into the University's policy on sexual misconduct and reporting.  I don't know if this has already been posted within the other threads with hundreds of posts.

Here's the actual language:

IV. Employee Duty to Report
D.
In addition to the requirement of reporting incidents of sexual assault, the following members of the university community have an additional obligation to
reportall other incidents of sexual misconduct, when they receive a disclosure of sexual misconduct or become aware of information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that sexual misconduct may have occurred involving anyone covered under this policy.

These individuals must report the incident within five work days of becoming aware of such information:

1. Any human resource professional (HRP);
2. Anyone who supervises faculty, staff, students, or volunteers;
3. Chair/director; and
4. Faculty member

Per the policy: "All such acts of relationship violence are forms of sexual misconduct under this policy."
According to the policy, "domestic violence" is classified as "sexual misconduct".

Additionally, the definition of Domestic Violence states: "An individual need not be charged with or convicted of a criminal offense to be found responsible for domestic violence pursuant to this policy."

I assume the Title IX Coordinator, along with a review board, can decide if a person is "responsible for domestic violence" when a legal charge or conviction does not exist.

Mod Edit - Link to OSU Sexual Misconduct Policy here.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 10 Comments