Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

This Week's Question: What is the Worst/oldest Ohio State YouTube Highlight Video You Remember?

Johnny Ginter's picture
March 12, 2018 at 8:00am
16 Comments

YouTube was birthed on this planet when I was still but a wee undergrad at Ohio State, frantically scouring the internet for websites that would host videos of Buckeye football highlights.

Then YouTube arrived on the scene, and the internet was suddenly filled with 240p videos of Beanie Wells and Troy Smith scoring touchdowns to "Boom!" by POD, and Ted Ginn returning punts to the tune of "Boom!" by POD, and new Ohio State recruits making circus catches and sacking quarterbacks to the tune of "Bulls on Parade" by Rage Against the Machine, followed by "Boom!" by POD.

Anyway, in my time I have watched a lot (A LOT) of Ohio State YouTube highlights, and even though the technology and technique have gotten better, I still sometimes yearn for the old bad days when I had to squint at something badass and put it on mute while I played another song in another tab.

So this week's question is: what is the oldest/worst Ohio State highlight video you can find on YouTube, and why does it stick in your memory?

This version of Black Betty is probably one of the worst covers I've ever heard in my entire life, but I discovered this video as a junior at Ohio State, which happens to be the same year that Ted Ginn broke out and became the greatest player in football history for a three game stretch (also there's some Andrew WK in there, which is funny because he's from Ann Arbor):

BLAM A LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMM

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments