Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State Athletics Forum

Ohio State hockey, baseball, wrestling, track, and other athletics fan talk.

#4 OSU Men's Lacrosse Survives JU in OT, 12-11

+11 HS
beserkr29's picture
February 25, 2018 at 4:01pm
35 Comments

Well, that was close.  Tre Leclaire notches the game-tying marker with 1.8 seconds left, AND the game-winner in OT to keep the Buckeyes undefeated.  I think that the Dolphins came in under the radar, and OSU was not particularly concerned coming in.  That kind of overconfidence is deadly, as the debacle in Iowa City last year proved.  Fortunately, the Buckeyes managed to avoid a letdown like the one that bit #1 Duke against Penn.

Leclaire scored Ohio State's final 3 goals of the game, Ryan Terefenko added a couple goals playing defense, and Jackson Reid came through with two tallies as well.  Colin Chell added 2 goals and an assist to tie Leclaire in points on the day, pacing Ohio State to 12 goals on the afternoon.

The faceoff X was a draw, as both the Dolphins and Buckeyes won 13 apiece.  Feliziani had 2 GBs to Inacio's 5, but I can't find the exact breakdown quite yet.  Suffice it to say that Inacio may be the starting FOGO sooner rather than later.  I thought that anything over 45% in faceoff wins would have allowed the Buckeyes to take a commanding lead, but the Dolphins outshot Ohio State 36 to 27.

Special teams were a slight Buckeye advantage, as they converted theur only chance while JU went 0-3 on EMOs.

Defensively, the Buckeyes slowed down JU's best midfielders, but let freshman Jeremy Winston torch them for 5 goals.  That's....not great.  Plenty of time to plug the leaks, but the B1G is oozing midfield talent.  Need to get all 3 defensive midfielders working together.

Best part of 4-0, though?  Chance to go 5-0.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments