College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

The Prayer at Jordan-Hare Followed By The Kick Six

+2 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
November 20, 2020 at 8:29am
45 Comments

Earlier this week one of the sports shows had footage marking the exact anniversary of the “Prayer at Jordan-Hare,” which was certainly one of the wildest and most bizarre game-winning plays I have ever seen taking place in the last half minute of a game.

What I completely forgot: Auburn’s next game—two weeks later after a bye week—was the Kick Six ending against Alabama.

I am technologically incapable of posting quality video snippets; if anyone would be willing to post those, please feel free to do so (especially one showing the look of shock on Nick Saban’s face).

So here are my questions:

Has any team in college football history ever had two such crazy game-winning plays in the last half minute of play in succession?

Has Ohio State had even one such play in its history?  I’m totally blanking out here.  Please help me.  There’s gotta be something, right?

And, from my perspective, the penalty call against Miami doesn’t qualify.  Obviously it was as significant as any penalty flag ever thrown but that doesn’t qualify in my opinion as something comparable to the types of bizarre plays in the Prayer and the Kick Six.

And neither does Holy Buckeye qualify either in my opinion.  That wasn’t a crazy and/or lucky play.  It was perfectly executed as a secondary read by Krenzel.

But, can you imagine being an Auburn fan at that Prayer at Jordan-Hare game and thinking: what can possibly top this?—and then at the very next game you’re sitting there watching the Kick Six?  As Phil Rizzuto used to say, “Holy cow!”

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments