College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Hot Takes on Tigernet (Clemson Forum)

+8 HS
stlbuckeye15's picture
November 9, 2020 at 9:54pm
67 Comments

Greetings Warriors! I rarely (as in almost never) explore the websites or forums of other teams, but I took a moment this evening to see if anything interesting was brewing on Tigernet, which is a Clemson sports website. I just thought I'd share a few gems:

"College football is annoying with a loss being such a big deal.  NFL doesn't matter if you lose a few games. Should be the same in college IMO."

"Double standard: So, if someone beats us, it is considered an epic win, even with all our starters out. And, up the polls they go. But, if we don't cover a fictitious betting spread, we suck and get dropped down in the various polls and power rankings. You can't have it both ways - either we suck or we are pretty good. The real answer is the media hates us."

"Wouldn't surprise me if Maryland upsets OSU. Home field and the way the waxed PSU last week."

"If I'm being completely honest, I truly believe that loss is our worst loss since LSU beat us in the National Championship game. The only difference between the two is that we lost to LSU due to poor play calling, but we lost to Notre Dame because of poor officiating. Without those crappy officials from Saturday we would have beaten Notre Dame by 30+ points."

I know that these takes are not representative of all Clemson fans and I know we have plenty of hot takes of our own, but these were too good not to share. Stay safe and go Bucks! Beat Maryland!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments