Harbaugh's Losses By Year
YEAR LOSSES
2020 1
2019 3
2018 3
2017 5
2016 3
2015 3

Another year and another loss for our rival against its Little Brother. The more things change the more they stay the same for a substandard website to our north. 

Khaki boy is two defeats away from becoming the first head coach of That Team to start his tenure with at least three losses in six straight seasons.

How far has the program fallen? The Wolverines entered this season with at least three losses in seven consecutive seasons. The only other time this occurred for them was between 1957-63.

If they drop two more games in 2020, it will be the first time in their program's history for the team to lose three games in eight straight years.  

Harbaugh's Record in Big Games
OPPONENT RECORD
OHIO STATE 0–5
TOP 10 TEAMS 2–13
BOWL GAMES 1–4
NOTRE DAME 1–1
MICHIGAN STATE 3–3
PENN STATE 3–2
Harbaugh, Their Hero

Remember when mgoblog celebrated the hiring of Jimmy Boy with "It's Happening"? Well, this is what has happened, The One Who Wears Khakis is a combined 1–9 against Ohio State and his bowl opponent. The lone win was in his first season against Florida in the prestigious Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl. Since that great victory, the Wolverines have gone 0–9 when playing against the Buckeyes or in a bowl game. They have also been defeated by an average score of 36-26 in those contests.

The One Who Wears Khakis has a losing record against ranked opponents, is 2–13 against Top 10 teams and has accumulated 19 losses in five seasons. To put that in perspective, Urban Meyer had 9 losses as Ohio State's head coach over seven seasons.

So, let's find out how the fans of That Team responded to their beloved squad losing another Game on national television.

mgoblow

It was hazardous, but well worth the venture on mgoblog.com to read through the comments in the game recap on mgoblog. Now you don't have to read all 253 comments. 

As always, the words are theirs. It was difficult, but spelling and grammatical errors were not corrected. 

Note: This used to be written as a reminder on how not to respond when your favorite team loses or struggles. Today? Let's just revel in their misery.

TURNING ON THE ONE WHO WEARS KHAKIS AND HIS STAFF

zggolfer

Jim , you and your team fucking sucked today.  Explain please.

The Geek

Pack your shit, Jim.

TheCube

Don Brown needs to go at least. Tired of this one-trick pony has been. 

I doubt the AD will do anything w Harbaugh this year. 

jsquigg

Absolutely fucking horrible game plan on both sides. I saw the seeds of the defense's demise last week, but Gattis setting downs on fire by continually calling straight runs into the strength of MSU's defense was the dumbest fucking thing about this stupid fucking game. Worst loss of the Harbaugh era in a tenure that has seen many dong punches.

BlueTuesday

Our coaching staff is a mess and it all starts with the man on top, Harbaugh. Not sure what we are going to do but it’s clear it’s time to move on. The players deserve better than this, as do the fans.

Judge Smails

I have yet to read anything about trying the onside kick w/ all three TOs left.  That's coaching malpractice.  It was the cherry on top of a shit sandwich game plan, coaching effort, and inability to adjust all the way around.  Michigan got its lunch money taken from a 24-point underdog.  At home.  I honestly don't know how this staff comes back from this one.

The Homie J

Fire Don Brown today, tomorrow and the next day.  He was outcoached by fucking Mel Tucker and outplayed by Rocky Lombardi in his 5th year as DC here.  We have no secondary but continue to play man-to-man.  No interior tackles somehow.  It's utterly head scratching that Jim has axed coaches on offense who don't perform, but Don Brown is about to head in his 3rd straight annihilation vs Ohio State and no sign of him heading for the door

McConkey

Clean. House.

Jeff09

The silver lining is it hopefully will accelerate the exit of this pathetic coaching staff 

BlueTuesday

Im hoping Harbaugh sees the writing on the wall and bows out at the end of the year while helping Michigan keep their recruits and helping the administration work towards finding a suitable replacement.

Blake Forum

Not sure what to say. In terms of the stakes of the game combined with the advantage Michigan should’ve had, this is the worst loss of the Harbaugh Era. Can’t put any spin on it 

GoingBlue

Don Brown insist on recruiting 3 stars and then insist on playing press man. I insist on finding a new coaching staff. 

DonAZ

Am I correct in understanding Harbaugh's contract end-date is approaching without an extension yet granted?  I wonder if there's an understanding between Emmanuel and Harbaugh, and at this point he's just mailing it in.

The Oracle 2

The idiotic play calling at the goal line might have been the difference in the game. I got the impression that those calls, as well as some others, were Gattis saying “look at me!” It also looked like Don Brown stubbornly refused to alter his plan, even after being repeatedly burned in the same way. Those things are on the coaches

MichAtl85

The silver lining is Harbaugh’s ridiculous contract is up at the end of the year. Do not renew. 

True Blue Grit

At this point it doesn't matter how much money Michigan throws at this program or how many 4 or 5 star players we sign.  We'll continue to badly underperform as long as Harbaugh is the coach.  He simply doesn't prepare the team well enough or get them motivated to play at a high enough level.  He can beat most of the average teams, but against the teams that really matter, he's getting outcoached.

Dave B

It’s time to clean house. Six years in. Lose to a vastly undermanned opponent in a rivalry game. Anyone who thinks we’re still on the right track now is just a fan of perpetual mediocrity. Fuck that. Michigan can do better. 

MaizeAndBlueWahoo

This is probably the Harbaugh tipping point for me.  If you can't get it done against that team, at this time, when can you?

Woverine4545

I’m ready to say it...time for a change.

Glennsta

I'm at the point where waiting until next year isn't an option. Hope is not a plan.

From what you have seen, do you seriously think that next year under Harbaugh will be any better? Two years from now?

I hope that Manuel is putting together a list. No contract extension please. It hurts to say it, because Harbaugh seems like he would be the perfect guy for the program. But he isn't going to win a conference championship.

Spitfire

I'm done with Harbaugh after today. They outcoached and outplayed us in every way. No excuse after all these years.

jabberwock

Harbaugh is one of the shittiest QB coaches I have ever seen.
He got lucky once in his life and has showed nothing since.
Since he's just a CEO coach, he brings nothing to the table.

Oldadguy

Harbaugh is the most over rated coach in America. Show me otherwise 

Mel Tucker just ended Jim Harbaugh's tenure at Michigan.  – Rockinloud

Wheeee
TURNING ON THE PLAYERS

njvictor

Our DL is terrible. Paye and Hutchinson are the most overrated DE duo in CFB. So much hype and so little production. DL continue to get zero pressure inside. Our CBs are bad.

SecretAgentMayne

Objectively, I think Rashan Gary is the most overrated Michigan player I’ve ever seen, but I agree that those two are massively overrated nonetheless

Hannibal.

I was thinking that same thing.  Paye was invisible last week until the three-sack explosion and he was invisible again today..  They are both "solid" players but miles away from being superstars.

Mike420GoBlue

I listened to an interview last week with Milton, and he was talking about how he’s mastered the pre snap reads and how he knows exactly what the defense is going to do. I saw absolutely no evidence of this 

Hostage Harbaugh?What another loss to Little Brother does to a man.

THE DELUSIONAL

Hotel Putingrad

Bleach to the eyes
pyroo

We need a change but I'll never welcome Urbz and Shelly to town

Bluetotheday

I will not check out on this team or program. I am a fan, all day every day. 

Arb lover

I'm happy with Harbaugh and Michigan. Life is a lot bigger than what pixels on a screen say the score is at 0:00. A lot of our  players have come a long way, off and on the field. 

NateVolk

I am a staunch Harbaugh loyalist

Who are we going to hire instead of Harbaugh? Anyone besides Dabo, Saban, or Urban would be a downgrade, and there is absolutely no way we hire any of those three.– RuGuy

ONE LINERS

MadMatt

Should have figured 2020 had a few more dong-punches left to give. 

mattyice0916

Hey just wait until the Ohio State game, then the “second wave” of COVID to ruin the holidays season.

OkinawaGoBlue

Dantonio is available 

JFra

I have one expectation for this season: getting nuked from orbit by OSU.

Don_Cornelius

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

This site is about as reliable as Shea Patterson. 

Nofx1728

Choke job and terrible defense.

Morelmushrooms

Its the talent, stupid.

blueday

We have a coach that lost his heart. But has a bag $$$$$

AlbanyBlue

Yikes. We've got troubles.....

Glennsta

I'm just looking at the next 2 games, which will take us to 4 games played, and I think we may be looking at being 1-3. 

Monkey House

What it is, a shit show that needs change

DT76

We're definitely a basketball school now.

WesternWolverine96

I've had better Halloween's

Not wasting anymore more of my life on this shit program.– hail-yea

This never gets old.
REALITY BITES

BahamaMama

After watching this team for 30+ years, I am over it. Totally outplayed on every level. Nationally embarrassed again. This is just how U of M(mediocre) rolls.

OkinawaGoBlue

I'm at 45+.  Tired... Going back to the Lions. 

desertwolvie1

I say the same thing every season about pulling back a bit and just casually watching, yet here I am yelling at the television on another fall Saturday.

stephenrjking

I regret plugging back in to the team so much, honestly. Who needs the aggravation?

murderwolflives

The "JT Barrett was short" debacle effectively killed Harbaugh. His fire and passion have disappeared in greater and greater amounts since then. Now he barely reacts to bad calls like that drop they called a completion on 3rd and forever. He should have been fighting for a review and was complacent.

The Deer Hunter

We're off again to the most Michigan like season we're used to. Wish I could say I'm surprised by this but I cannot.  

Bob_Timberlake

This is Michigan football. No decent coach will come here because if they’re not a Michigan Man they’ll get eviscerated. And the Michigan tree has died.

fatpete

This is MSU's superbowl every year and michigan just can't get their heads around it. Mostly due to - I'm gonna say it..... ARROGANCE 

Glennsta

I just looked at the remaining schedule and Maryland is the only team left that I feel pretty confident we will beat. And we could lose that one too.  If we could lose to this crappy MSU team, we can lose to anyone. 

Wolverinefan84

It's only great (the defense) when we're playing bottom tier shit teams. Against capable offenses that can hold off our rush we get gashed. And it pains me to think MSU is in the "capable" category that ended up exposing our weak ass defensive backs.

L'Carpetron Dookmarriot

SO fucking frustrating that Michigan State and Ohio State always play like the fate of the universe depends on it while Michigan treats it like it's any old game. It's fucking embarrassing.

Jevablue

I actually think the leadership at the University of Michigan thinks Mediocrity in sports is a sign of sophistication. 

it probably is, but I’m fucking sick of it. 

MichAtl85

We know how the season ends and I could really care less about any other games. Harbaugh is a national laughingstock. Good news is I won’t need to waste anymore saturdays and could care less if the season gets cancelled. 

Goggle Paisano

There is no silver lining.  This is just fucking pathetic and inexcusable.  

Wolverineman1988

If they stick with Harbaugh, it's probably finally time to admit that Michigan no longer strives to be among the elite.

Morelmushrooms

Honestly, reminds me of the game I decided to no longer watch the Lions.  That was about 5 years ago and haven't missed it.  I think my entire fandom of U of M is in danger.  Its just not fun anymore.  I would rather rake leaves.

BlueinLansing

The Michigan I know died when Bo died, the soul of the program is gone.  We've been flapping around aimlessly for 14 years.   This is what we are now, good every 3 or 4 years, mediocre in between and vulnerable to losses to utterly terrible teams.  Lombardi is the worst QB to ever beat a Michigan team in my life and its by several country miles.

y’all need to grow the fuck up and being stop such whining manbabies. just once, try to not live up to everything people say about this fan base. – matty blue

Keep On Keepin' On.
Give me an O...Give me a No...Oh no, I just lost to a 25-point underdog.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 59 Comments