College sports fan talk.

I Guess Maizenbrew is Eating a Crow Pie Right About Now

+7 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
October 31, 2020 at 3:59pm
51 Comments

This was their pregame assessment of Rocky Lombardi:

“What to watch against Michigan

Maybe it feels cheap to discount Lombardi’s performance last week by pointing out the competition, but the Rutgers defense is nothing close to what he will be facing in Ann Arbor. The Michigan pass rush is going to get after him early and often, and even this young secondary is certainly far ahead of what he saw last weekend.

The Spartans did not lose because of Lombardi, but he is not the type of quarterback that can single-handedly carry his team when all else is failing. He has not played well against top competition in his limited opportunities in the past, and it is difficult to see how that changes this weekend. Lombardi is not a terrible quarterback, but the odds of him struggling against the Wolverines are pretty high.”

I would just like to add: have you ever heard of a better sports name than Rocky Lombardi?  It might be the best combo of a first and last name I can recall.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments