College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Trip Down Memory Lane - Ohio 5* Jordan Hicks

+7 HS
cecsix's picture
April 28, 2020 at 12:20am
15 Comments

I'll admit, I've pretty much exhausted the outer limits of the interwebs over the last six weeks out of boredom.  I'm not sure how I even ended up here, but I stumbled upon the recruitment of Jordan Hicks, and this Cleveland.com story by Doug Lesmerises. The coaches mentioned in the article are what make it great - to summarize - he chose Texas over Florida and OSU.  One of the main reasons? Texas had "stability" over Florida because some guy named Urban Meyer had just taken a leave of absence from Florida.  Jordan didn't have strong ties to Ohio, and really committed to Texas DC Will Muschamp, who was soon to take the HC job at UF to replace that Meyer guy, who would within a couple of years be named the HC back at OSU.  Oh, by the way, that stability at Texas?  Mack Brown would also be gone from Texas before Hicks. 

Found all the connections here amusing.

https://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/2010/01/jordan_hicks_ohios_top_footbal.html

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments