College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

4 Weeks Before Postseason: What Chaos Remains?

+4 HS
BuckeyeFanInBoulder's picture
November 10, 2019 at 9:51pm
33 Comments

Including conference championships, there are only 4 weeks of games before bowl/playoffs. There is always chaos in November... despite virtual locks, invariably chaos ensues. My question to you, prescient reader, is what chaos should I expect? What "nail in the coffin" will there be that virtually derails a season? Top 10 teams losing badly, wild storylines, stuff like that...

Theoreticals:

• Baylor and OU; each team wins once or Baylor takes both thus forcing the committee to take the Big12 champ Baylor Bears over Bama
  • OU beats Baylor twice to take the conf yet loses to TCU before December thus granting Bama safe passage to the January Bama Invitational
  • Pac12 nadir: UCLA beats Utah and AZ beats the Ducks on the same day
  • alt Pac12 nadir: AZ beats Utah and ASU beats Oregon on the same day
  • alt al Pac 12 nadir: CU beats Utah and the Beavers beat the Ducks on rivalry day
  • Auburn beats Bama by more than 5 / LSU margin
  • Indiana beats PSU and TTUN in consecutive weeks even without Penix
  • TAMU curbstomps UGa
  • Wake beats Clemson
  • South Carolina spoils again and beats Clemson
  • Clemson loses ACC champ game
  • Arkansas beats LSU: an unforgivable loss -- or is it, committee??
  • Auburn beats Georgia and Bama in back to back weeks, earning an invite to playoffs despite not winning their division
  • Iowa or Wisconsin beating Minnesota could be considered chaos at this point
  • PSU or TTUN beats OSU or OSU loses B1G champ game

Please don't pick any of last item and be accurate. If I had to bet at least 1 of the above vs none, I'd take the list above honestly.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments