He was just a couple years older than me, his daughter obviously much younger... it's been said before, but we truly don't know how many days we have. Don't waste a single one. What a road ahead for the wife and daughters. I can't imagine.
Sees more Clemson content, thinks
4 Days in the Life of Forrest Gump!
- Since born: Very tough... as a Coloradan (not by birth but currently) I'll add one that nobody else is likely to mention: witnessing the Five Fingers avalanche last March. I suppose my bit role would have to be a skier touring through the area but not actually triggering that slide, somehow. I walked that area last summer, and was back in November. It's truly incredible, and thought to be the only D5 avalanche in the lower 48 ever. A D5 was thought to be impossible in the lower 48. It's quite likely Colorado will never have an avalanche that large ever again. I just moved to the Aspen area and love that valley. Runner up is the Bama Sugar Bowl. I'll never in all my life forget what a great experience watching that game was, and would have loved to be a witness in person.
- Since 1900: This is honestly the hardest one for me... the 20th century was mind-blowing. I think it would have to be something music related for me. People have mentioned Woodstock but I would choose the Monterey Pop Festival / Sunday if it were a festival. I would also say seeing a '66 acid test with the Dead... clearly there's a 60s California theme here. It just seems like a historic not-to-be-repeated moment in time. Being a witness at Abbey Road to a recording session for Sgt Peppers would have to be on a 20th century music must-do also.
- Since 1000: This would be something related to seeing nature in a more.... natural state, less negatively impacted my the presence of humans. Either that or a member of a since-gone society. A few options:
- Indonesia before the spice trade: there'd be more whales around Papua, not to mention all the birds of paradise; waaay more tigers, rhinos, elephants, orangutans, and gibbons on Sumatra (I visited there last August), a true garden of Eden on Borneo, etc.
- A walk through a Redwood/Sequoia forest 500 years ago before any significant western impact
- Seeing hundreds of thousands of bison as far as the eye can see in the American west
- Spend a day helping build Machu Picchu... been there, couldn't believe it, I can't describe it but it's really a holy place of sorts and almost unbelievable accomplishment of our species
- Ever: Sermon on the Mount, honorable mention: spend a day in the Mayan civilization
2018 was a little bittersweet at the end. Watching Spinner Shells bawling like a little girl afterwards, it was clear that was Urban's last home game. The uncertainty was a concern... thankfully alleviated.
I'm either a masochist or a glutton or something, but I would vote we schedule Clemson for a regular season home and home. I want to see Day obliterate those ass clowns repeatedly. 49-0 would almost not be enough. I can't stand those shitheads man. Gotta get that gorilla off the back... crushing them soundly in their own stadium would be delicious.
I'm told it's us vs Florida in the title game
Surprised to see all the appreciation for Good Will Hunting here. I love that movie but didn't think many did. Here's another dark horse:
and not the best perhaps but has to be on the list of most ridiculous:
IU is B1G2019ing so hard rn
If Clemson were a team I didn't think was pure evil I would absolutely root for them against the SEC West, but I cannot root for Dabo ever, under any circumstances, whatsoever. That man might be the literal devil. I want to see Clemson return to total obscurity, and soon. I want to see that fan base rejoice in a 5-7 season, having forgotten their last ~8 years. I want to see their boosters not bother with replacing a coach who has had 5 consecutive losing seasons. I want their stadium quiet and their fans ambivalent about tailgating. I want to see Dabo's light diminished, his influence disappear, his team go the way of its conference. I would love almost nothing more than for them to be as likely to win a playoff game as Montana.
Soooooo in short I'm not rooting for them. I don't care how it makes the "what if" scenario. I know we could have beaten LSU. There's no doubt in my mind we would have won a game in the high 30s against LSU in New Orleans, so I don't care about what anyone thinks might have happened.
But but but but LSU beating Bama was by far the best win of the season by any team
Sorry I'm late but if we could go back to that roughing the passer for one quick second. That call extended a drive (Bama would been forced to kick) and changed a 3 point try to a 7 point TD. Where have I seen that.... hmm.... a dynasty team getting embarrassed by a B1G team, getting help from questionable calls from refs to extend drives.... hmm, it does sound familiar.
It's all rigged. Vegas wins. I give up.
Take the over and give the points. I think Joe is going to eat Clemson alive.
Hilliard is hunting souls when on the field. We'll need to be sure we have someone ready to replace him because he sure as hell is going to get targeting called on him 5+ times next season.
Assuming he's moving on, JK bookended his career by setting records. Freshmen year, @ Indiana, 29 carries for 181. Last night, 2000 yards in a single season. Examining his blood might just show Brutus under the microscope. He's truly incredible. Thank you JK, for every ounce of effort. He emptied the tank completely for OSU.
I watched the game alone on the couch last night with the flu... and yet my ears are still ringing from that dude screaming at me for 4 hours. He must quit that. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, he needs to dial it down at least 30%.
Everyone drooled over Bama's receiving corps this year, but I think Olave and Wilson could impress like Jeudy and Smith, in the realm of 1000 yds each.
Read: we won’t play a ranked opponent next season until we play you again because our conference is trash.
You mean the time when Clemson tried to break an ankle?
This is gonna sound like sore loser talk, but damn, the better and more deserving team did not win tonight. Trevor Lawrence was average, Clemson had essentially 1 unaided scoring drive, had 0 points taken off from reviews, had 100 fewer yards of offense, and yet won. Hate is a strong word, but I truly hate Clemson.
End the drama. Pick 6 here
No doubt in my mind we are the better team. Not even close.
At literally no point has Clemson looked the better team. And yet here we are.
How about a Pick 6??