College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

2019 CFP 'Blind' Ranking - You're the Committee (Updated)

+26 HS
NavyBuckeye91's picture
November 5, 2019 at 9:50am
105 Comments

We've tried this a couple times the past few seasons with mixed results. With the CFP Committee releasing their first set of rankings tonight, I thought we'd give it another go.

The idea is for you to rank the Top 25 teams (numerically 1-25), based on performance to date, while minimizing bias toward team 'brand' or conference perception. The table at the bottom contains the 37 FBS teams that currently have two or fewer losses (suck it, Texas). I've listed several metrics next to each team for your consideration.

The Rules:

1. Rank teams from 1-25 (Pro tip: if on a desktop/laptop "Shift+Enter" eliminates double spacing. Or, feel free to use the handy numbered bullets button above the comment block.)
  2. Do not try to guess which team is which (although I know some will be obvious).
  3. Be as objective as possible based on the metrics given.
  4. Please do not list team names. Use the lettering format provided in the table, A thru HH.
  5. If you choose to be a douche in the comments and post team names, or try to correlate names to letters, I reserve the right to post an "I love Michigan" gif in place of your comment. I'll let the commentariat decide what to do with your comment at that point.
  6. Please just use the information given. I'm open to suggestions, so if folks feel there's more or different data they would like to see LMK. But keep in mind that there are tons of ways to evaluate performance. I tried to go with the most common metrics (W/L, Opponents' W/L, Off/Def YPG and PPG, Opponents' Off/Def YPG and PPG, etc.). I inentionally left out AP/Coaches Poll rankings and any other rating system that uses 'preseason data', because the Committee is not allowed to use that in their discussions.
  7. Voting will close at 5 pm. I'll tally the votes and let you know who you selected as compared to the Committee after the first rankings are released.

Note: The table provides a team's offensive numbers (YPG gained) next to their opponents' average defensive numbers (YPG allowed). This is to allow for a direct comparison of offense vs. defense. If that's confusing, feel free to ask questions before you cast your vote.

Update:  Here's the list of teams for those who are intersted.  B for Buckeyes was unanimous #1.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 105 Comments