College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Nebraska's Freshman Wan'dale Robinson #1

+12 HS
Buckeye_Wizard's picture
September 26, 2019 at 11:58am
29 Comments

Always like to check out the upcoming opponents and see for myself what the Buckeyes will face on game day.  This week the defense will face Wan'dale Robinson from the Cornhuskers.  In my opinion, he is the most important offensive player on Nebraska's team not named Martinez.

Robinson is listed at 5'9" and 175lbs.  He was a running back in high school but like many running backs of his size, it seems he was mostly recruited with slot receiver in mind.  In his senior season in high school, he had nearly 2000 combined rushing and receiving yards plus 42 TDs. He was the number one ranked player in the state of KY and the number 87 ranked player overall according to 247sports.com.

He originally verbally committed to the home state Wildcats, but flipped at the last minute and signed with Nebraska.  He was the highest rated recruit in Nebraska's in-coming class for 2019 with a rating of 0.9597.

Considering his skills, it seems Nebraska tries to get him the ball in multiple ways.  Below are three different clips against Illinois from last Saturday night.  Two of the clips show him at running back and one shows him as a slot receiver.  Oh...and he returns kick-offs too.

I believe it is easy to see that he is one of the best athletes on the field.  Looking forward to watching him and his performance this weekend against the athletes the Buckeyes have on defense.  Should be quite a test.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments