College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Gunnar Hoak 2017: 'Practiced with Team'

+2 HS
ziplock007's picture
August 7, 2019 at 9:53pm
5 Comments

https://ukathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6504

OSU's newest QB Gunnar Hoak brought along some unintentional comedy.

I decided to search for his Kentucky Biography; it's still preserved on Kentucky's website.

While his actual redshirt year contains nuggets of minutia for the diehard CFB fan's ingestion, for his actual R-FS year, of which he didn't play, Kentucky's website doesn't even attempt creativity when penning his narrative.  

Yep, in 2017:'Practiced with the team.' 

It's not even a complete sentence.

The Full Bio is Below... And, his favorite food is pizza.  I wonder which Campus pizzeria will be his favorite?

2018 - Sophomore

Saw action in five games, completing 13 of 26 passes for 167 yards and two scores
Was 3-of-8 for 27 yards in the win over Missouri
Entered late in the second quarter against Central Michigan for his first collegiate action ... Drove the Wildcats to a touchdown on his first possession, capped by a 24-yard scoring strike to David Bouvier ... Finished the day 4-of-9 for 50 yards
Completed 4 of 5 passes for 77 yards and a touchdown vs. Murray State, the second TD pass of his career

2017 - r-Freshman

Practiced with the team

2016 - Freshman

Redshirt season
Graduated a semester early and enrolled at Kentucky in January of 2016
Connected on 4-of-5 passes in the 2016 Blue/ White Spring Game for 57 yards and one score
High School

Tabbed by ESPN as a four-star prospect, ranking No. 14 among quarterbacks nationally and No. 12 among prospects in Ohio
All-Central District Division I special mention in 2015
Ranked by Rivals and 247sports as a three-star prospect, as the No. 37 pro-style quarterback in the nation and as the 36th best prospect in Ohio
Had 1,798 yards through the air and 14 touchdowns with only six interceptions during his senior season
Was named Central District Player of the Year as a junior
Threw for 2,584 yards with 30 touchdowns and just three interceptions as a junior, leading the Shamrocks to an 11-1 record
Coached by Mark Crabtree at Dublin Coffman, which has produced seven Division I QBs since 2003
Crabtree says, “He's very intelligent about the game of football. He's got a very good arm, has a lot of nice touch and can throw all the various throws. The exciting thing is he's only going to get better, too.”
Choose UK over Bowling Green, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Kent State, Syracuse and Toledo

Gunnar Says

One word to describe him on the field is "poised" 
His sports hero is Peyton Manning because he's the greatest quarterback of all time
Most people don't know Gunnar is his real name
Other than playing football he also enjoys playing basketball and golfing
His favorite meal is pizza

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments