College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Which Preseason Top 10 Team(s) Finishes Unranked?

+3 HS
NoVAsmitty's picture
August 1, 2019 at 2:32pm
20 Comments

I might be getting a little ahead of myself, but with the USAT/Coaches preseason poll now out, I thought it could be fun to take a look at those top 10 and guesstimate which team or teams will finish unranked by the end of the 2019 season.    

This CBS article is a year old, and looks at the AP preseason poll, but aside from maybe switching some of the ordering amongst the top 10, the two polls usually have the same teams in the top 10.  https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/which-top-10-college-foo... (I haven't read the rest of the article (yet) to see who the author predicted would be the losers for 2019.)

Going into the 2018 season, the top 10 of the preseason AP poll were the top 10 of the final in only 4 of the prior 29 seasons!  After 2019, make it 4 of the prior 30 seasons (Wisky (4), Miami (8), Auburn (9)).  So, there's an 87% likelihood that at least one team in the preseason top 10 will finish unranked.   

The AP will likely mirror the USAT/Coaches top 10.  I'm still mulling it over.  Last year was easier to me, as I Auburn stood out to me as way overrated.  This year is tougher, I think.  Who do you think will be that team or teams?  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments