College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Off Season: Who Needs Who? TTUN vs Ohio St

+1 HS
GunnerBuck's picture
July 26, 2019 at 1:10am
25 Comments

We often hear/read "F*ck Ohio" as a whole from the fans of TTUN and I'm not sure if I'm just missing it but I don't think we have the same hate for Michigan the state as TTUN has for Ohio, the state. I've always assumed Michigan Football needs the state of Ohio to be successful so I looked up the statistics on that and well, they're pretty bad if you're one of those "F*ck Ohio" TTUN fans. Below is a table of how many Coaches, AA's and Heisman winners are from the opposing state.  

Team Coaches Cons AA's Heisman 
TTUN 4/13 19/83 2/3
Tosu 0/24 4/85 0/6 

As you see almost 25% of TTUN's Coaches are from Ohio (including the last 2 and arguable the best coach they've ever had, Bo. The 4 coaches, Bo, Mueller, Hoke and Harbaugh make up a 308-95 record). Almost 20% of their Cons. All Americans are from Ohio and 66.66% of their Heisman Trophies have came from Ohio as well. 

All that while Ohio State has literally never had a head coach from Michigan, nor a Heisman winner and only 4 of the 85 Cons AA's are from Michigan or less than 5%. 

So for all of their "F*ck Ohio" mantra, they need Ohio. They need Ohio much more than we need them. Without Ohio they wouldnt have a program, IMO. 

FYI, they statistics are from Wiki, so while they're not gospel, they're the easiest place all of this info was compiled together. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments