College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

D3 School Kicked out of Conference for Being Too Good

-2 HS
BrutusB's picture
May 23, 2019 at 6:22am
44 Comments

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26801838/st-thomas-wins-to...

"After extensive membership discussions, the University of St. Thomas will be involuntarily removed from membership in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference," the league said in a statement. "The MIAC Presidents' Council cites athletic competitive parity in the conference as a primary concern. St. Thomas will begin a multi-year transition immediately and meanwhile is eligible to compete as a full member of the MIAC through the end of spring 2021."

I have to admit I’ve never heard of something like this. Temple was kicked out of the Big East for being too bad, but that at least makes more sense.

I went and looked up their schedule last year and they didn’t even go undefeated.  They went 8-2, so it’s not like they haven’t lost in five years. But in the games they won they definitely ran up the score: 76-7, 62-0, 68-0, 60-0, etc. I guess the other schools just got tired of their attitude. That would be pathetic at DI level, but I kinda get it D3, where it’s basically just like intramurals. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments